If you are looking to invest in the best charcoal grills on the market, then the Weber Summit grill should be on the top of your list. Weber products are loaded with rich features and are reasonably priced. If you have an eye for quality and looking for a space-saving alternative, then you would want to read this Weber Summit charcoal grill review.
The Summit Kamado E6 grills remains unparalleled in terms of looks and performance. Its durable, dual-walled insulated steel reaches the desired temperatures quickly and also maintains the heat for all-day smoking while reducing the amount of charcoal burned during the process. The extra-large cooking area makes it ready to handle any size feast. By simply repositioning its grate you can transform the Kamado grill to smoke salmon, grill chicken, sear steaks, and more.
What is Weber Summit Charcoal Grill?
The Weber Summit Charcoal Grill is a high-end charcoal grill for those who are looking for the best in terms of quality and functionality. Shaped in the form of a Kettle, the unique shape of this grill makes it popular amongst BBQ aficionados.
Weber Summit Kamado E6 Charcoal Grill
The dual insulation cover takes it to the next level to convert a standard kettle into a Kamado. This large barbecue is versatile and spacious enough to handle years of cooking. When you first look at the design, the model appears some sort of a hybrid. It is shaped like a Kamado but is made from porcelain-enabled steel and not ceramic.
The double-wall construction does a great job of holding heat while remaining lightweight in comparison to a traditional Kamado. With Summit grills, you can either sear at high heat or opt for slow cooking. It is a versatile grill that can be used for multiple purposes.
What Is Included in the Weber Summit Kamado E6 Charcoal Grill Kit?
Weber makes sure that it provides all the basic products required to a barbecue aficionado with much ease. You also receive a rolling stand, a briquette measuring cup, a lower shelf, an ash pan, a water pan, a diffuser plate, 2 charcoal fuel holder baskets, 2-position charcoal grate, and a 24” grill with hinged sides and an interchangeable center.
Key Features of the Weber Summit Charcoal Grill?
The Summit Kamado is unparalleled in terms of looks and performance that no other grill in the category can match. Its dual-walled, signature durable steel attains the desired temperature quickly and maintains heat for all-day smoking while minimizing the amount of charcoal burned during cooking.
Planning to feed a crowd? With an extra-large 24” cooking area, this charcoal grill is ready to handle a feast of any size. Grill chicken, sear steaks, smoke salmon, and anything else with this incredible charcoal grill set.
The two walls with a layer of dead air between create a lightweight way to trap heat within the cooking chamber. This allows the grill to smoke and cook low and slow efficiently. The air insulation also permits precise and quick temperature adjustments in minutes and maintains low heat consistently for all-day smoking. The steel construction with a porcelain-enameled finish also ensures long-term durability.
Trying to light charcoal is not an easy feat. The built-in Snap-Jet propane igniter makes it easier to light your charcoal grill. Simply push in and twist to fire up to start working on your favorite barbecue recipes.
This is one of the best parts of using this charcoal grill. Its hinges allow you to access the charcoal conveniently during cooking. You can remove the center to use optional attachments such as a skillet, a pizza stone, and others to take full advantage of its capabilities. When you choose this model, you have the option to expand your grilling roster in just one step.
Dual Temperature Zones
The hinged deflector plate and the charcoal baskets allow you to set up multiple temperature zones within the grill. This is incredible if you are planning to sear and then roast at the same time. Even if you haven’t set up dual zones before, you can do it conveniently with this system.
One-Touch Cleaning System
Grilling is not an easy task especially when it comes to scooping the ashes. However, the Summit Charcoal grill comes with a deceptively simple system which makes it less of a chore. You need to just swing the damper handle back and forth and the propeller-like blades inside will push and pull the ash down through the vents and into the collection chamber.
Easy-Open Spring-Loaded Lid Hinge
This is not as heavy as a Kamado lid but is big enough. It can be a real chore to lift the lid with any regular hinge. However, the hinge is sturdy and comes with two big stainless steel springs thereby making opening and closing the unit a breeze.
Top and Bottom Vents
Controlling airflow is critical to maintaining the right temperature on a grill. The top vent in the Summit charcoal grill can either be wide open or you can adjust the dial for more or less airflow. There is a convenient handle at the bottom for opening or blocking the vents. The easy-to-understand symbols show you where to set the temperature for different kinds of cooking.
Comes With Other Accessories
Summit Kamado includes accessories such as a diffuser plate that permits low and slow smoking. It can be removed for high-heat searing. The stand comes integrated into the design with the grill.
Weber Summit Kamado E6 Charcoal Grill
- Ease of cleaning – it is easy to clean. The procedure is not as easy as a gas grill but easier in comparison to other grills. The ash catcher is very simple to work. You can use the damper handle to brush the ashes down into the removable collection chamber. The exterior can be cleaned conveniently with a sponge and warm water.
- Extremely versatile - the model is extremely versatile and you can use it to smoke, sear, or do anything in between.
- Comes with additional accessories – Summit Weber models come with accessories such as pizza stone, an integrated stand, and a diffuser plate
- Sturdy construction – the model features a robust construction. The steel body is lightweight and also durable. The model is easy to move around and won’t crack if you accidentally knock it down during use.
- Ease of use – one of the least desired aspects of charcoal grills is the time you spend in firing the grill. Fortunately, this model comes with a propane ignition which makes the task a lot easier.
- Temperature control - the control provided by the top and bottom vents makes it easier to hit and hold the temperature you desire. Once you are done with the cooking, the ash catcher attached at the bottom makes it easier to do the cleanup.
- Easy configuration - there are several ways to configure the cooking grate and the charcoal and this can be daunting to someone who is not familiar with this kind of grilling.
- Available support – Weber has made sure that the customers receive all possible help while using their offerings. There are several Weber Facebook groups available where you can share your queries and concerns to receive a response. The company is quite active on social media. You can follow their Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest accounts to stay updated with the latest happenings and also to have your queries resolved. The customer support team can be reached through a toll-free number from 7am to 9pm Central Time or you can email them or use the online form.
- Available accessories and attachments - Weber offers various accessories to improve the functionality of its products:
- Grilling rack.
- Rib rack.
- Assorted grill inserts (wok, poultry roaster, sear grate, pizza stone, skillet).
- This same grill can be purchased with a larger cart that includes a work surface, drawer, and briquette storage.
- Warranty details - Weber provides 10 years warranty for rust and burn-through on the bowl and lid. You also receive 5 years for rust and burn on the cooking grates. 5 years for rust and burn through on the cleaning system. 5 years for rust and burn through on the plastic parts. Moreover, you receive 2 years on all other parts of the grill.
Weber Summit Kamado E6 Charcoal Grill
- You will have to substitute the gas canister eventually in auto-ignition if you want to utilize this handy feature.
- Lack of digital temperature readout.
- No workspace unless you invest in a grilling center.
- The top vent is not capped to keep the snow and rain out.
Tips To Get the Most Out of Weber Summit Charcoal Grill
- Invest in quality optional inserts available for the model such as inserts for making pizza, frying bacon and eggs, wok cooking, and more.
- You can shoot the temperature in the grill quickly by opening the Rapid-fire lid damper.
- The expansion grilling rack allows you to add 165 sq. in. of cooking area.
- Spare LPG canisters come in handy when it comes to lighting the charcoal.
- Go through the guide to learn how to use this charcoal grill successfully.
Should You Invest in a Weber Summit Charcoal Grill?
This charcoal grill features an innovative and incredible design which makes it practical, hard-wearing, and also easy to use. While the price tag is slightly on the higher side, its offerings are comparable with the premium models. The versatility of this unit will offer you flawless service for years to come and is worth every penny.
The model is one of the best choices you have got when it comes to a multi-function outdoor cooker. It undoubtedly deserves a top spot when it comes to the best smokers available today under the charcoal grill category. Weber has simplified the entire process of charcoal grilling with its lucrative features. If you want to have a certain level of convenience but do not want to give up the fun and control of building a fire grill and holding it at a temperature, then investing in Summit Charcoal grill is the best thing you can do.
How is Summit Charcoal different from a kettle grill?
The Weber Summit charcoal grill features double-wall insulation thereby providing much better insulation and precise temperature control required for smoking. The diffuser plate and the adjustable fuel grate helps you create different cooking zones for you to roast, smoke, and sear conveniently.
Can you use Summit Charcoal for cooking pizza?
Yes. The model is perfect for the purpose. You just need to set the temperature appropriate for baking your pizza.
How large is the cooking grate?
Weber Summit Charcoal grill comes with an extra-large cooking area of 24” which can feed a whole crowd. Its two-zone setup makes it easier for the users to cook two dishes at a time.
Is it easier to clean the Weber Summit charcoal grill?
The one-touch cleaning system allows for hassle-free clean-up. You don’t have to deal with the messy ash. The simple system makes scooping ash after an intense BBQ session less of a chore. By just swinging the damper handle back and forth and the propeller-like blades inside will push and pull the ash down through the vents into the collection chamber.
You might consider reading...
- Have you ever wanted to find out what is included in a specific product by just looking at the box? If so, then our Weber Performer Deluxe review below is for you! Our Weber Performer Deluxe review will break down what is included and why it’s named Deluxe.
- In this article, we are going to compare the Weber Master Touch and Premium Charcoal Grills to find which one is the best. We will talk about what features they have, what their pros and cons are, and which one we think is better.
- There are many grills in the market, but our goal is to find you the best stainless steel grill that suits your needs. After reading this article, you'll be able to make an educated decision when buying your new grill.
- Grilling is a fun summer activity that many people do on a regular basis, but not everyone knows how to grill in the best way. This article has 10 tips that can make grilling healthier than ever.