Electric grills are taking over. The simple reason is the ergonomic and versatility of these grills. No more worrying about the pellets and propane gas tank. Simply connect the grill, place it on top of a counter and start grilling. No hassle and no issues. This is the reason why George Foreman grills are becoming so popular; not only these indoor grills are super versatile and useful, they are also pocket-friendly, making them a great choice. Here is a complete guide to using a George Foreman grill and a detailed George Foreman Evolve grill review.
How George Foreman Evolved?
George Foreman grills have been in the market for quite some time now. Apart from sharing the same name as the professional boxer, George Foreman, they do not have any similarities. It is a brand that Michael Boehm started. He knew what he was doing, which is why today the technologies used in the George Foreman electric grills have been the reason for the brand's successful growth in the market.
Years of research and development have brought refinement in the George Foreman electric grills. Currently, under George Foreman grills, three ranges are available - basic, advanced, and premium. George Foreman has grills for every preference and requirement. The comprehensive range of George Foreman electric grills proves how much the company has Evolved and gained its brand reputation today.
Why Choose Electric Grills?
During summer, barbecue events are very famous. And these days, people are going for the least conventional grills, electric grills, and gas and charcoal grills. The reason why they become famous is because of the convenience and easy accessibility.
Not only these, but there are also few more pros of using an electric grill over other gas and charcoal grills. They are:
- Easy to use: the electric grills do not have any difficulties understanding controls. They don't even require stocking propane cans or charcoal to work. Plug them into an electrical outlet, and the grill starts to work.
- Heat up quickly: compared to other traditional grills, electric grills are known to heat up faster. It can reach its peak temperature within few minutes.
- Easy to clean: with no ashes to clean, many hassles related to cleaning the grill are also reduced with electric grills. Also, the grills come with disposable drip pans, so once cooking finishes, throw them away.
- Safer option: electric grills do not require any actual fire to grill the food. This means there is no danger of flare-ups in the middle of cooking.
- Healthier food: many people prefer electric grills because the food cooked in an electric grill is cleaner and healthier than charcoal-cooked smoky food. Also, as an electric grill does not produce smokiness, the taste of the food is intact is not overpowered by the smoky flavor.
- Can be used indoors: usually, most traditional grills are kept outside, but what about people who do not have a backyard and live in apartments and condos? For them, these electric grills are the best option. With this, one can enjoy a barbecue both outdoor and indoor.
Features That Make George Foreman Grills Better
One may wonder what makes the George Foreman electric grills better and why a customer should trust the brand. Below are the reasons:
- Varied temperature controls: the George Foreman electric grills provide varied temperature controls no matter what the needs are. They have models with a large range of temperatures and controls that allow the grill to heat up quickly and evenly.
- Accessories: some of the models of George Foreman grills come with extra accessories. Having extra parts that the company specifically manufactures to fit the grills is always a benefit. For example, they come with removable plates, removable stands, safety apparatus, cooking equipment, weather protectors, convenient digital timer, etc.
- Drip tray: the George Foreman grills come with removable drip trays. These trays are every necessary accessory. It collects all the oil and fat dripping. Such a tray makes cleanup easier once cooking finishes.
- Cooking area: the George Foreman grills are available in multiple sizes, so one gets to choose the model that fits their requirements. Also, the size of the grill determines the cooking area. Based on the servings that one will cook, choose the grill that has a cooking area big enough to fit all the food.
- Warranty: warranty has always been a part of effective customer service. And all the George Foreman grills have a warranty. This way, one does not have to worry about spending a lot of money if some damage happens to the grill when it is still new. A reliable warranty lets the customer's mind be at peace.
George Foreman GRP4842MB Multi-Plate Evolve Grill
George Foreman Evolve Grill is a 5 serving multi-plate model. With this grill in one's house, they will have delicious food every day. And good food always makes the day better. This model comes with several attachments, such as ceramic coated grill plates and non-stick waffle plates. So, one will be able to make both delicious breakfast and dinner with this George Foreman grill.
Apart from the different attachments and interchangeable plates, it has some more attractive and useful features. To name a few, it comes with a digital timer and temperature controls, an adjustable cooking angle for removing fat from the meat, a floating hinge to fit thick meat cuts, etc.
So, with this George Foreman Evolve Grill, the user will have many features at their disposable, allowing them to cook a wide range of food. If one wishes to eat delicious meals at all times, owning such a versatile appliance can be a good start. Continue reading to know more about this dynamic grill under George Foreman Grills.
The specifications of the George Foreman GRP4842MB Multi-Plate Evolve Grill are as follows:
- Dimensions(L x W x H): 11 x 16.25 x 14.1 inches.
- Weight: 6 pounds.
- Power: 1265 W.
- Servings: 5 servings or two complete meals at once.
- Warranty: 3-year limited.
- Material: non-stick.
- Dishwasher safe: yes.
- Drip tray: yes.
- Plates: the plates are removable.
- Plates included: yes.
- Digital: yes.
- Variable temperature control: yes (maximum- 500°F)..
- Floating Hinge: yes.
- Adjustable angle: yes.
- Heating elements: the heating elements are embedded.
- Patented slope design: the grill has the slope design used by George Foreman, which reduces fat.
The George Foreman GRP4842MB Multi-Plate Evolve Grill is available in three colors- black, red, and silver.
Features and benefits
Versatility: this George Foreman Evolve Grill is meant to widen the scope of cooking. Interchangeable plates are available and these plates can be used to make different dishes. This Evolve grill has attachments like non-stick waffle plates and Panini plates/premium quality ceramic grill. With many cooking options available, choose a plate and start cooking breakfast or dinner.
Five servings: When buying a grill, the size of the cooking area is one of the factors considered. In George Foreman Evolve grill, the cooking area a big enough to fit 5 servings. So, people who are looking to cook for their friends and families can go for this model.
One can cook 5 servings or two full meals on this grill. Do not stick with just grilling meat; try grilling some veggies as a side dish with the main.
Digital control panel: In this era of digitalization, George Foreman Evolve Grill has also used this technology in their grill range. Thus, this grill also comes with a digital panel that can be used to control the temperature as well as the digital timer.
Having a user-friendly temperature control is very important because the heat makes a lot of difference in grilling and barbecuing. One of the most necessary ingredients for having a successful grilling session is the right temperature. With George Foreman Evolve Grill, the user can set the temperature from 300°F to 500°F.
The control panel also has a digital timer which allows the user to set their desired time from 0-20 minutes.
Searing options: For people who like some crunchy charred crust on their food, the George Foreman Evolve Grill even took care of that. At the 500°F, there is a searing option that allows searing the food enough to get a delicious crust.
There is even a setting, for people who are scared that they may burn the food at that high temperature to let the high temperature be on for 60 seconds before going back down to the previous set temperature setting.
Adjustable grilling angles: The setting of adjustable grilling angles is very useful for many reasons. First, the different angles will help in grilling properly; secondly, it is useful in distributing the heat according to the cooking requirements. Another benefit of this setting is that it also acts as a fat-removing slop, reducing the fat in the meat by 42 percent, making it healthier and lean.
There is a knob that will help in controlling the alignment of the cooking area. Turning it will tilt the cooking area, and the user can keep going until they position it as they want.
With this technology, the user is not confined to using a flat cooking surface but different angles.
Ceramic plates: The ceramic plates used in this George Foreman Evolve Grill are quite advanced. The multi-layered ceramic plates are sturdier and can be used for a longer period. They have the property of handling even high temperatures, so, this way, the user will not have to worry about damaging the ceramic plate when left at the highest temperature. The plates will not overheat.
Removable plates: The interchangeable plates are all removable, making it easier to clean them. The grill plates are all dishwasher safe, so once the cooking is done, put them in the dishwasher and, they are all clean and ready to use again.
Cleaning is always the tedious task that one has to do after a filling meal but, with George Foreman Evolve Grill, even that becomes a breezy task.
Fast cooking: One does not want to spend most of their time in front of the grill. And knowing this sentiment, George Foreman has made sure that people can finish grilling faster when cooking food on their grill.
So, this is why the grills reach the right temperature faster, and then the user can cook their meal easily and quickly in the evenly heated cooking area. With George Foreman Evolve Grill, there is no long waiting to get the food ready.
- Better heating element: the heating element in this grill model is larger. Thus, more heat is produced. And since the ceramic plates are great heat conductors, they heat up very evenly and, the food can be cooked perfectly without rotating and flipping it.
- Nontoxic coating: the George Foreman Evolve Grill uses a special coating to cover its plates, making them nontoxic. They do not use the usual Teflon coating, which is famous for releasing toxins at high temperatures. This makes the food healthier and safer to eat.
- Digital panel is easy to clean: The digital panel is a very useful part of the George Foreman Evolve Grill which also gets dirty with constant grilling and cooking. No need to worry about damaging it as it can be easily cleaned. The digital panel is both easy to understand and clean.
- Even heating: The heating element is placed in the center, but it evenly heats the edges too. So one will not have to worry about uneven cooking or burning with this gill. And the adjustable grilling angle also comes in handy.
- Dishwasher safe: The pates being dishwasher safe reduces a lot of effort in cleaning the grill. Finished with cooking, pop the removable plates in the grill, and cleaning is done.
- Power cord: The power cord is comparatively a bit shorter in length. So, the user will have to place the grill near the electric outlet.
- The temperature control and timer are not synced: When the user sets the timer and starts the grill, the timer will keep counting even during eth preheating time. So, the user will have to be mindful about when to set the timer.
- No auto shut off: The George Foreman Evolve Grill does not come with an auto shut off the program; the grill will not shut off after the timer dings. One will have to manually turn it off to avoid overcooking or burning the food.
Uses of the George Foreman Evolve Grill
The George Foreman Evolve Grill can be used for grilling and is useful for toasting, baking sautés, and much more heated cooking. With the help of the interchangeable plates that come with the George Foreman Evolve Grill, these varieties of cooking can be done. Also, as per the George Foreman Evolve grill review, this grill is useful in heating the food without worrying about changing the taste or burning the food.
- Griddle/pancake plate: this adjustment can cook fresh toast, pancakes, bacon, and potatoes. They are all non-stick so, the food cooks perfectly and does not stick at any place.
- Ceramic grill plates: to cook all types of meat, this plate is the best. One can cook all sorts of seafood and vegetables along with steak, pork, chicken, and bacon. Even hamburgers can be prepared on this grill without flipping them as both the top and bottom of the grill heats up.
When it comes to grills, there is always an option to choose between the outdoor grills that work on fuel like propane and charcoal or the indoor grills. The indoor grills are usually the electric grills that can be put on the table or the kitchen counter.
Countertop grills are smaller in size, lighter in weight and compact in footprint. The countertop grills tend to have several options that one can choose from. These days, most of the brands are more into creating smaller and compact grills that can be used from the kitchen itself.
The countertop grills are great for making different types of food like grilled meat, vegetables, burgers, and even other food like pancakes, waffles, crepes, sandwiches, etc. One can find various plates and attachments that come with the grills to increase their versatility.
Some of the major benefits of the countertop grill are:
- Smaller in size and thus take less space.
- Can be moved from one place to another easily.
- They are cheaper and more pocket-friendly.
- One can make the grill more versatile.
- They are perfect for smaller families and get together.
- They are easy to maintain and clean.
George Foreman Grill Times
When it comes to grilling, timing and temperature are two things that matter the most. Not having the right temperature will either undercook the food or will overcook the same. But, other than the temperature, correct timing is also crucial.
The right timing will make sure that the food is cooked properly to the right consistency and texture. Usually, every grill tends to have its timing and temperature setting that suits them best in cooking a particular type of food. George Foreman has their own list of timing as well.
Meat and fish tend to take the most time to get grilled and cooked. While fruits and vegetables tend to take less time than meat, one should keep the right temperature.
Cook timing for grilling meat and fish items at a temperature of 370 to 375 degrees:
- Patties for burgers: 4 to 8 minutes;
- Sausages: 3 to 4 minutes;
- Steak: 5 to 9 minutes;
- Cutlets: 4 to 5 minutes;
- Lamb chops: 4 to 6 minutes;
- Chicken breast: 9 to 11 minutes;
- Pork tenderloin: 8 to 9 minutes;
- Whitefish: 5 to 6 minutes;
- Redfish: 6 to 7 minutes;
- Fish steaks and fillets: 2 to 3 minutes;
- Shrimp: 3 to 4 minutes;
Cook timing for grilling vegetables and fruits at a temperature of 370 to 375 degrees:
- Leeks/ mushrooms/ squash/ zucchini: 3 to 5 minutes;
- Tomatoes: 2 minutes;
- Asparagus/ eggplant: 4 to 5 minutes;
- Onion/ bell peppers: 6 to 7 minutes;
- Fruits like pineapple and banana: 3 to 4 minutes.
George Foreman Hamburgers
When it comes to small parties or some quick brunch or dinner ideas, hamburgers can be a popular pick among many. Hamburgers are easy to put together and are undoubtedly delicious. Grilling the hamburger patty made of beef is what takes the most time. Once the beef patty is made, assembling the rest of the burger is super easy.
If one is using a George Foreman grill, then the cooking time ranges from 4 to 7 minutes. This depends on the thickness of the patty and the level of cooking one wants to reach. The patty can be cooked for 4 to 5 minutes on medium heat, setting at 375 degrees for medium-rare. For medium, the patty can be cooked for 6 to 7 minutes on medium heat, setting at 375 degrees.
- Mix the hamburger mixture by adding salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce along with garlic/onion powder.
- Make patties of equal size.
- Preheat the grill at 375 degrees at a medium heat setting.
- Put the patties on the grill and cover the lid.
- After half the time, flip the patty and cover the lid again.
- After the time is complete, put the burger between the toasted buns with other fillings. The hamburger is ready.
George Foreman Steak
The George Foreman grill is perfect for making some delicious and juicy steak at home and that too indoors. Grilling a steak on the grill is super easy when one understands the process and the heat settings of the grill.
Here is a simple way to make some delicious steak with much ease using the George Foreman grill.
- Choose the right steak thickness. Usually, the steak tends to be 1-2 inches thick. However, it is better to choose thinner steak pieces for indoor grilling so that the heat is enough to cook it through. Choose .75 inches thick steak.
- Now tenderize the meat by beating with a tenderizer. This is a small hammer-like instrument that helps in beating the steak thin.
- Next, one should marinate the steak with either the kitchen ingredients like salt, pepper, vinegar, olive oil, etc., or one can buy readymade marinate. One can choose to marinate the steak for a few hours, 10 minutes, or overnight.
- Now set the grill up with the heat level and temperature. The heat should be around 375 degrees. Preheat the grill and then place the steak on the grill. Grill the steak for 4-7 minutes for medium-rare, and a medium steak grill for 7-9 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the steak and keep checking to avoid overcooking the steak. One can make a smoky flavor to the steak as well with smoked paprika.
How To Clean George Foreman Grill
Cleaning the grills is one of the most crucial steps in grill maintenance. One should not cook in an unclean and grease-ridden grill, as it can ruin the taste of the food. Also, not cleaning the grill regularly can lessen the life of the grill. One should clean the grill only when it is slightly warm and should be disconnected. Here are the ways one can clean the George Foreman grill from time to time.
- One can use paper towels to clean the grill. Simply wet the towels, and place them on the grill bottom plate. Make sure to layer the towels in a stack of 3 or 4. Now cover the lid and wait till the steam loosen the grease. After this, take a sponge and clean the surface.
- One can also use the ball of paper towel with a pair of tongs and rub the grills and ridges to clean the grease. Make sure that the tongs are not made of metal.
- Lastly, one can put aluminum foil on the bottom plate while grilling. This will help in collecting the grease that drips from the meat and fish on it. One can simply remove the foil later, and the grill will be clean.
George Foreman GRP4842MB Multi-Plate Evolve Grill has many good and useful features that make it an ergonomic appliance. With all the technologies added by the George Foreman in the grill, it becomes a tough competition for all the other grill brands. And this is not just a thought but is a conclusion made after seeing all the positive George Foreman Evolve grill reviews by customers. So, without any further delay, go ahead and make the purchase. It will be a "worth it" purchase.
You might also enjoy reading about...
- Eating raclette with friends is a fun way to spend the evening, but cooking raclette isn't always easy. This article will compare the best raclette grills for your consideration, so that you're sure to find one that suits your needs.
- In this article, we'll be reviewing some of the best electric grills on the market. We'll look at what differentiates them (like size, cooking types, price), and also provide a comparison table to help you make your decision.
- There are many different types of electric smokers on the market today, and it can be hard to figure out which one is right for you. In this article, we will take a look at Masterbuilt's line of electric smokers, including pros and cons of each. We'll also give our own thoughts about what the best choice might be for various situations.